Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Late Nights at the Temple


I feel so blessed to have this amazing opportunity. I have had my application in for over a year now and the Church has been on a hiring freeze due to the economy. They needed to hire an on-call person and my application was the lucky one selected. I work from 10pm-2am. I get to help with the cleaning. It is really different to go to the Temple as everyone is leaving and not wear a dress too. I wear white scrubs and white tennis shoes. Everyone I work with is amazing and so nice. It can be a little weird and scary to be in the temple all alone. There are only 10 of us and we are spread out on different routes. They asked me if it was scary for me my first night. I told them no but that I was more scared I would get lost with all the different places you go that you never see unless you work there. They told me that if I get lost to just yell and someone will find me. ha ha ha I feel like I am getting a little better at my bearings but it will take time to learn all that there is to know. There are very specific ways to do things, even vacuum and leave NO lines so you have to go from right to left and leave no footprints either and work your way out of each room to do such. It is a great place to be. There are going to be adjustments, like nap time is IMPERITIVE for me now!! And it will just take time for my body to get used to this but it will just require patience on my part. I could not feel more blessed to be able to help out iwth our financial situation a little and not sacrifice my time with my kids. I have never wanted to work out of the home since I have had kids but this allows us to have the best of both worlds. I couldn't be more grateful to my Heavenly Father for giving me this great opportunity.

4 comments:

The Felix Family said...

Wow! That is a really cool job!! I would love to do that!! How lucky for you...Let me know if they ever have another opening I would love to apply.

Brian and Lindsay said...

Although the hours do seem a bit rough (especially when you have to take care of 3 kids all day) what an awesome opportunity!!

Hopie said...

I got to clean the temple one night. I wish I could do it all the time too!!!! I had an experience that I will never forget. One of my top 3 as far a spirituality goes. It was pretty cool. If you remember next time I see you, I'll tell you about it!!!

MaMa eNCHaNTeD said...

That is really cool...congratulations!!!! You couldn't ask for a better job.