Sunday, September 20, 2009

Finally....time away!


Brian and I finally got a weekend away together....with NO kids. Don't get me wrong I love my kids but it is so refreshing to just focus on your spouse with no interuptions. The dinner conversations are quiet and enjoyable, sitting by the pool without making sure someone is not drwoning, and the naps can be endless. We had a couple free nights in Vegas and since it is Brian's b-day this week his parents offered to watch the kids while we took off. We went Friday, Saturday and came home Sunday. It was great and so relaxing. Just what we needed. I love time with my hubby ALONE. It allows me to absorb myself in his needs and what we lack with each other when we are focussed on the kids. I love him so much and sometimes get wrapped up in all the things we are involved in with the kids and don't have much time to just sit and talk. When we have the time to sit and talk we are so tired that we can't stay awake to finish the conversation. It was a wonderful weekend to spend time with one another and just relax for the first time in 3 years, we were way overdue for a weekend alone. Thanks honey for a great weekend. I loved every minute with just YOU!!! I was reminded how much I appreciate all you do to make me happy. You are the ONLY one for me!!

This is a picture of JoJo who impersonates Elvis in a Magic show. Yes he is real!! He was so fun to watch in the show!

4 comments:

The Felix Family said...

We were in Vegas this weekend also...but we had the kids. I would love a weekend away. Lucky you guys. I totally agree we do need to get together again. We had a great time. This time lets plan on our house. Lets figure out a night and do it.

Pamela said...

That is wonderful, I am jelous but hopfully our day will come that we can do that.
I am glad you had a weekend away you deserve it.

Hopie said...

I agree, isn't it the BEST? Always reminds me of how much I am in love with Randy!!! YEA for you guys!!!

Brian and Lindsay said...

hmmm I can't imagine what a kid free weekend would be like...Sounds wonderful! It has to be so nice to live close enough to family to be able to do that!!!